Compliance Manager / OfficerEuropean merchant bank
We are EUROPEAN MERCHANT BANK - contemporary bank with a human touch.
We combine the best face to face banking consultancy with a speed and flexibility that digital banking brings. Following our vision - Banking for Growth, EUROPEAN MERCHANT BANK will focus on delivering contemporary accessible financial products to SME’s, FinTech & entrepreneurs.
We are looking for Compliance Manager / Officer to work in Vilnius office.
- Identifies, assesses, monitors and manages the compliance risk (identification of compliance risks, preparing annual compliance plans which are approved by the Management Board and annual reports on compliance matters and others).
- Increases operational efficiency of the Bank, detecting - fraud and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Ensures the consumers right to fair information (providing the consumers with key information that informs the consumers of the fundamental benefits, risks and terms of the product).
- Disseminates knowledge of consumer protection (ensuring that the consumers will be promoted by the relevant officers of the Bank with financial education and awareness and clear information on consumer protection, rights and responsibilities).
- Manages and coordinates investigation of incidents related to compliance areas.
- Sends regulatory updates, consults all employees on new regulations and their implementation into products and services provided by the Bank, implementation into internal rules.
- Performs mapping of procedures to regulations, identifies and escalates any gaps.
- Performs control checks, monitoring of various transactions, activities in the Bank related to KYC, credit issuance and other riskier areas based on developed Compliance Plan.
- Performs second-line controls regarding adequacy of the AML documentation on onboarding processes and transaction screening documentation.
- Reviews and assesses new product / process / system / procedure development from compliance risk management perspective.
- Provides information and organizes training for employees regarding compliance issues.
- Suggests and monitors key risk indicators for compliance risk management.
- Provides compliance reports to the Management Board of the Bank.
- Coordinates relationships and communications with national authorities.
- +8 years of progressively responsible experience in compliance area and banking.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory and legal framework relating to the business.
- Familiarity with EBA regulations.
- Advanced analytical skills and strong risk awareness.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Recognised degree in Law, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant qualifications.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.