Legal counselEuropean merchant bank
We are EUROPEAN MERCHANT BANK - contemporary bank with a human touch.
We combine the best face to face banking consultancy with a speed and flexibility that digital banking brings. Following our vision - Banking for Growth, EUROPEAN MERCHANT BANK will focus on delivering contemporary accessible financial products to SMEs & entrepreneurs.
We are looking for Legal Counsel to work in Lithuania who will be responsible for in-house legal matters. In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working with in-house and outside counsels on a variety of legal matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching and understanding changes in banking regulation, international and local laws.
- Development of internal policies of the Bank and overseeing the implementation of those policies.
- Management of the creation and implementation of legal procedures, including implementation of processes, tools, and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and change Banking products.
- Identification, mitigation, monitoring and management regulatory risks across Lithuania.
- Maintenance close and open relationships with the regulators in Lithuania.
- Promotion the migration of best practice and lessons learned across Lithuanian network.
The ideal candidate will:
- Strong knowledge of Lithuanian commercial and contract laws
- Knowledge of Lithuanian banking regulations
- Min 5 years of legal experience within a banking and finance department of an international law firm in Lithuania
- Be qualified lawyer with appropriate professional qualification.
- Have legal experience, including previous experience in Lithuania financial markets, either with a leading bank, securities house, or regulator.
- Knowledge in AML compliance.
- Have solid experience in the regulatory field or equivalent relevant legal experience.
- Have a strong understanding of the regulatory environment in Lithuania.
- Have strong analytical and legal skills.
- Have good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of compliance and regulatory risk.
- Have personal authority, integrity, and ethics.
- Be fluent in English and Lithuanian.